Junior Pool Attendant x4
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Are you passionate about swimming and currently enrolled in High School? We are currently seeking four (4) entry level Junior Pool Attendants to join our Aquatics team. These positions will be based at our Branxton Pool and Cessnock Pool.
This new position will aim to provide young students with the opportunity to work at Council while they are still at school, to equip them with skills and experience necessary to help them complete their education and gain entry into the workforce.
Working within the Aquatics Team this entry level position involves regular patrols of the pool, working with patrons to ensure safe behaviour, enforcing pool rules and responding to emergency situations. This role will also be required to:
- Ensure the pool surrounds and amenities areas are maintained clean and safe, and undertake cleaning duties of these areas;
- Complete on the job training in the operation of all pool plant as well as monitoring and maintenance of pool water quality;
- Complete on the job training in the sale of pool entry passes and memberships; and
- Ensure a positive image of Council is promoted throughout the community and that a high standard of service is provided through courteous, responsive and efficient service.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Record of school achievement (RoSA);
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability communicate with a wide variety of internal and external people;
- Exposure to aquatic environment; and
- Working With Children Check Clearance Number (Only for candidates over 18).
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Hourly pay rate as per the Award
- 9.5% superannuation
- October 2017 to April 2018
- Flexible rostered hours
Close Date: Thursday, 14 September 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Nathan Eveleigh, Recreation and Community Facilities Coordinator on 4993 4235
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.