Cessnock, NSW, 2325
An opportunity is now available for a self-motivated individual to undertake general labouring duties associated with the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks within the Cessnock City Council local government area.
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Working within the Construction team of Works and Operations Delivery, this role will be required undertake general labouring duties including:
- Manual handling of materials, e.g. excavation and spreading of material, pipe laying, concrete works, erection of roadside furniture and roadside cleaning;
- General concreting works including erection of formwork, fixing of reinforcement, placement and finishing of concrete;
- General asphalt and bituminous sealing works e.g. pothole patching, asphalt works and sealing operations;
- Undertake the safe operation and maintenance of small plant and equipment, such as chainsaws, hand mowers, hand tools, brush cutters and concrete vibrators; and
- Ensure that traffic at work sites is appropriately controlled in accordance with relevant legislative requirements and standards, including the placement of signs, lights and barriers.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience and competence in undertaking labouring duties for civil projects and maintenance work;
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of road and drainage construction and maintenance requirements;
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation of minor plant and equipment;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $43,035 - $49,830 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 23 November 2017 at 11.30pm
Interviews will be held: Tuesday 5 December 2017
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kevin Massey, Construction Coordinator on 4993 4305
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.