Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We seek a highly experienced and dynamic Asset Engineer to develop and deliver asset management methodology within Council, including provision of best practice infrastructure asset management expertise; asset management policy, strategy and planning; lifecycle costing; financial valuation and annual infrastructure reporting requirements. Working within the Infrastructure Management team, this role will also:
- To develop, implement and review Asset Management Plans for Council’s Infrastructure, including transportation (including road, bridge, traffic facilities, streetlight and airport) and drainage (including trunk storm water and flood mitigation) assets;
- Provides specialist advice and asset management expertise to develop, improve and deliver best practice council infrastructure asset management process, practice and methodology within Council’s corporate asset management framework, including AM Policy, Strategy and Infrastructure Asset Management Plans; and
- In consultation with the Infrastructure Manager, develop long term asset replacement priority works programs for existing civil infrastructure networks.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Civil Engineering or tertiary qualifications in a relevant field combined with extensive relevant work experience;
- Sound experience in asset management processes both strategic and operational, including policy development and strategy, process documentation, asset condition assessment, asset valuation, asset management systems and lifecycle modelling tools;
- Sound experience in asset maintenance and renewal that must include road, bridge and drainage infrastructure; and
- Demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service by the achievement of best practice engineering applications and solutions.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $86,100 - $99,015 per annum (plus 10.5% super)
- 3.5% Civil Liabilities Allowance
- 35 hours per week
- Leaseback vehicle
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 23 November 2017 at 11.30pm
Interviews will be held: Monday 27 November 2017
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Katrina Kerr, Infrastructure Manager on 4993 4281
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.