Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We seek a qualified and highly experienced Design Engineer to undertake investigation, design and delivery of civil infrastructure projects including pre-construction and construction services. This position will provide a computer aided design and drafting services for refurbishment and construction of civil infrastructure together with technical support to the Contracts & Project Management Team Leader.
Working within the Infrastructure team, this role will:
- Provide project design services in accordance within quality assurance requirements;
- Preparation of project design briefs, assessment of proposals and associated documentation;
- Make application for any project related grants and/or prepare progress reports as required in accordance with the grant conditions; and
- Ensure that clients and key stakeholders are kept informed in accordance with Council’s communications strategy requirements prior to and throughout the investigation and design phase.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in civil engineering/surveying/project management with particular expertise in road and drainage design in both urban and rural environments;
- Demonstrated sound experience (minimum of 5 years) in infrastructure design related fields, including demonstrated skills in using 12D Model computer aided design and AutoCAD drafting software;
- Proficient project management skills on infrastructure projects in a quality assured environment; and
- Detailed working knowledge of road and drainage technical specifications, project cost estimating and contract documentation.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $70,965 - $82,170 per annum (plus 10.5% super)
- 3.5% Civil Liabilities Allowance
- 35 hours per week
- Leaseback vehicle
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 23 November 2017 at 11.30pm
Interviews will be held: Thursday 7 December 2017
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Katrina Kerr, Infrastructure Manager on 4993 4281
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.