Waste Service Operator
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We seek a self-motivated and suitably licensed Waste Service Operator to perform in all areas of the waste service to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all waste service activities at Council. Working within the Environment and Waste Services unit, this role will be required to:
- Operation of Single Operator side load waste collection vehicles used to provide Council’s waste collection service;
- Maintenance, delivery & repair of mobile garbage bins;
- Assist and advise the public in the disposal of waste at the tip face; and
- Process waste transactions as required during the operating hours of the Waste Management Centre.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, including experience in the use of Microsoft Office and other software/databases programs relevant to the position;
- Demonstrated experience in cash handling and receipting including an understanding of security procedures in relation to money collection;
- Current Work Safely in the Construction Industry Certificate (White Card); and
- Current HR Drivers licence.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annualised salary which includes all penalty rates and allowances as per the Agreement
- 10.5% super
- 38 hours per week in accordance with the Waste Services Roster
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location and much more!
Close Date: Monday 19 February 2018 at 11:30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description attached.
Answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Michael Alexander, Environment and Waste Services Manager on 4993 4253
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.