Business Support Officer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Currently seeking a highly enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced Business Support Officer to provide efficient and effective administrative support in a professional and responsive manner to the Works and Operations team located at our Council Works Depot.
Being the first point of contact at the Council Depot, this position will provide high-level customer service on behalf of Council to both internal and external customers. This role will also be required to:
- Assistance with review of existing business processes, updating of procedures and workflows and preparation of new process and procedures;
- Prepare of correspondence including: memos, letters, templates, faxes, emails, presentations, agendas, minutes, reports, posters, passes, flyers and publications relating to the directorate;
- Coordinate and book meetings, including room bookings, catering and managing equipment requirements; and
- Ensure all Council documents are created and registered in Council’s Electronic Document Management System in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III in Business Office Administration or other equivalent qualifications;
- Minimum 5 years experience in an office administration role;
- Demonstrated well developed written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external; and
- Demonstrated highly developed time management and organisational skills and the proven ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $49,685 - $57,530 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 22 February 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Geoff Bent, Works and Operations Manager on 4993 4284
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.