Environmental Health Team Leader
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
The Health and Building unit has an exciting leadership opportunity available for a highly skilled and experienced Environmental Health Team Leader. This key position will provide leadership, management and co-ordination of a group of multi-disciplinary professional staff within the Environmental Health Team in order to assist in the delivery of Council’s key objectives relating to Environmental Health services within the community.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide specialist technical expertise and professional advice to team members and the Health and Building Manager on environmental health issues;
- Prepare and present evidence on Council’s behalf to the Local Court, Land and Environment Court or other Courts as required;
- Manage the operations of the Environmental Health Team including;
- Co-ordinate the Regulatory Premises program, legionella control, public swimming pools inspection program, on-site sewerage management program;
- Co-ordinate Education programs;
- Ensure correspondence is responded to in accordance with Council’s service level standards using Council’s Customer Request Management System.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Natural/Applied Science from a University accredited by Environmental Health Australia or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in a senior supervisory position, including budget accountability and the ability to effectively lead and manage the performance of a team of multi-disciplinary professional staff;
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Local Government Act 1993, the Food Act 2003, Public Health Act 2010, the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997and the Plumbing & Drainage Act 2011; and
- Demonstrated highly developed written and verbal communications skills including report writing and public presentation skills.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $99,300 - $114,195 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- Leaseback vehicle
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Sunday 18 March 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Colin Davis, Health and Building Manager on 4993 4290
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.