Senior Strategic Planner
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
This Senior Strategic Planner position represents an exciting opportunity for an experienced, dynamic and innovative professional to have a key role in the investigation and preparation of strategic plans, studies, reports, environmental planning instruments and policies which are comprehensive, contemporary, relevant and reflective of Council’s and community goals.
Working within the Strategic Planning team, this role will also be required to:
- Prepare and update strategic planning instruments including Local Environmental Plans, Development Control Plans, Section 94 Contributions Plans and Voluntary Planning Agreements, strategic studies, policies and exhibition materials as directed;
- Provide written and verbal advice regarding land use zones, planning legislation and Council’s policies and procedures;
- Prepare conceptual plans and costings on strategic plans; and
- Provide high level and professional, technical, current and relevant strategic planning advice to internal and external parties as required.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualification in strategic land use planning, urban and regional planning or other tertiary qualifications relevant to the key accountabilities of the position;
- Demonstrated extensive relevant experience in preparing Local Government Plans, Development Control Plans, Section 94 Contribution Plans and Voluntary Planning Agreements and planning studies, reviewing and assessing Planning Proposals, application of urban design principles and heritage management, generation and implementation of innovative strategic planning solutions;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing project briefs and in project managing consultants; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory requirements of various acts and regulations relevant to the position, including State and National planning-related solutions.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $80,179 - $92,206 per annum
- Plus 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 22 March 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Keren Brown, Acting Principal Strategic Planner on 4993 4127
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.