Cessnock Youth Centre & Outreach Service Coordinator
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We are currently seeking a passionate, experienced and knowledgeable Youth Centre & Outreach Service Coordinator for a 12-month temporary contract. This leadership role will plan, implement and evaluate a range of social, recreational and informal educational programs that foster the personal and social development of young people aged 12-20 years in the Cessnock Local Government Area.
The Cessnock Youth Centre and Outreach Service (CYCOS) is a relaxed place, which young people can call their own and that is supervised by a friendly team of youth workers. This key role will be required to:
- Promote and enhance the professional image of CYCOS within Council and to the community by providing a high standard of programs and activities in a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment;
- Lead, oversee and manage the development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of a range of social, recreational and informal educational programs to meet the needs and expectations of young people;
- Provide tailored support and information to young people who require or request it and refer to external agencies as determined; and
- Manage the CYCOS facility as a well maintained, flexible, highly utilised centre in the community and maintain accurate records that comply with relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Youth Work, Welfare, Social Sciences or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in planning, developing, delivering and evaluating social, recreational and informal educational programs for young people;
- Demonstrated sound experience in a leadership role supervising staff, with the proven leadership skills and an ability to foster an environment based on teamwork and cooperation; and
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and work with young people and understanding of issues confronting young people.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $70,965 - $82,170 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation)
- 35 hours per week as per the weekly roster
- 12 month temporary contract
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Wednesday 30 May 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Natalie Drage, Community and Cultural Engagement Manager on 4993 4118
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.