Youth Worker (Part-time)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
The Cessnock Youth Centre and Outreach Service (CYCOS) is a relaxed place, which young people can call their own and that is supervised by a friendly team of youth workers. We are currently seeking an experienced and engaged Youth Worker for a 12-month temporary contract. This part-time role will assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of the social, recreational and informal educational programs provided by CYCOS.
Providing positive outcomes for young people within the Cessnock LGA, this key position will be required to:
- Assist with the promotion of CYCOS programs and activities;
- Provide tailored support and information to young people who require or request it and refer to external agencies as determined;
- Assist with training and supervision of casual staff; and
- Assist with ongoing consultation conducted with young people, high schools, community service agencies and other stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications of (minimum level of Certificate IV) in Youth Work, Welfare, Social Sciences or related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in youth work including developing, implementing and delivering programs and activities for young people;
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills with the proven ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external; and
- Possession of a Paid Worker’s current and valid Working with Children Check Number.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $61,465 - $71,170 per annum pro-rata (plus 9.5% superannuation)
- 20 hours per week as per the weekly roster
- 12 month temporary contract
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Wednesday 30 May 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Natalie Drage, Community and Cultural Engagement Manager on 4993 4118
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.