Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Seeking a motivated and skilled Engineering Assistant to provide engineering and technical support to the Works and Operations Unit. This new temporary position will develop work site documentation (e.g. traffic management plans), order materials, arrange road closure and provided ongoing communication, support with affected teams and review actual unit rates.
This role will also be required to:
- Prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, works as executed drawings and project finalisation;
- Manage minor contract works, including preparation and assessment of quotations and engagement, site induction, supervision and process payment claims;
- Liaise and provide technical support to operational crews on a project by project basis; and
- Develop and maintain a positive team culture focused on teamwork and cooperation.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Operational Works, Project Management or similar relevant field;
- Demonstrated experience (3 years minimum) in the delivery of civil construction and maintenance works, particularly in the roads and drainage areas;
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to read plans, take levels, set out minor works and record work as executed; and
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff and/or contractors.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $61,465 - $71,170 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation)
- 35 hours per week
- 12 month Temporary Contract
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 28 June 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kevin Massey, Construction Coordinator on 4993 4365
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.