Planning Assistant (Permanent Part-time)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle
An entry-level opportunity is now available for a motivated and dynamic Planning Assistant to join our high performing Development Services Unit. The successful candidate will provide effective, responsive and professional planning assistance to the Development Services Manager and team members. This role is ideal for those currently studying towards a degree in planning or other relevant equivalent qualifications. This is a permanent part-time job share position.
Working within the Development Services Unit, this role will be required to:
- Assist in ensuring that Development Applications, Civil Construction Certificates and Subdivision Certificates are processed in accordance with statutory requirements and Council procedures;
- Investigate and respond to inquiries/requests using Council’s Customer Request Management System (CRM);
- Provide back up to the Strategic Planning Assistant in relation to issuing Section 149 Planning Certificates, through ensuring the integrity of the system in relation to legislation; and
- Provide responsive and high-level customer service and provide clear and accurate information and advice to the inquirer.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- Minimum Certificate lV in Local Government (Planning) or currently studying towards a degree in planning or other equivalent qualifications;
- Demonstrated solid experience in and demonstrated understanding of the development assessment process;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an office administration role; and
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem solving skills with the demonstrated ability to negotiate and liaise with key stakeholders.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $58,717 - $67,988 per annum pro-rata (plus 10.5% superannuation)
- Permanent Part-time position
- 35 hours per fortnight
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 19 July 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Peter Giannopoulos, Acting Development Services Manager on 4993 4112
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.