Casual Pool Attendant
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Council is looking for skilled, qualified and experienced casual Pool Attendants to provide lifeguard services and assistance with the operation of Council's outdoor pools from October 2018 to April 2019.
Working within the Aquatics team, this role will provide lifeguard duties including supervision, first aid and/or resuscitation at Council’s swimming pools. This role will also be required to:
- Ensure the health and safety of all pool users;
- Maintain the pool quality to meet the required health and safety standards at all times;
- conduct facility maintenance as required to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained; and
- Provide a high standard of service to pool users by exercising excellent customer service skills.
To succeed in this role, you will be required to have:
- RLSSA Pool Lifeguard Certificate;
- Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Working with Children Check clearance; and
- Bronze Medallion (SLSA or RLSSA).
- $29.87 - $34.60 per hour (Including casual loading)
- October 2018 to April 2019
- Flexible rostered hours
Close Date: Thursday 23 August 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Matt Ziemba, Aquatic Facilities Coordinator on 0427 489 414
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.