Executive Assistant Corporate and Community Services
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Do you have extensive experience providing high-level executive support? We are currently seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Executive Assistant to the Director Corporate and Community Services. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and provide high quality, professional, confidential and accurate executive administrative support to the Director and Managers.
A high degree of professionalism and discretion is expected, as well as strong organisational skills, creativity, and the ability to anticipate and address needs of the team. This role will be required to:
- Manage the office of the Director professionally, displaying a positive image, sound judgement, initiative, timeliness, sensitivity and maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Manage day to day correspondence and communications (such as telephone enquiries, service requests and emails) in relation to the Directors responsibilities, including follow up and resolution of routine matters;
- Provide high level customer service on behalf of Council with both internal and external customers including enquiries, complaints from public, Councillors and staff on behalf of the Director; and
- Develop, implement and review administrative processes and recommend improvements within the Directorate based on analysis and performance integration to ensure optimal efficiency.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- Relevant qualification in Business Administration (Diploma or Degree), Office Management and or equivalent level of experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supporting and working with senior executives;
- Highly developed organisational time management skills with experience in meeting deadlines, attention to detail and dealing with conflicting and varied demands; and
- Strongly developed business writing skills with a demonstrated ability to compile complex correspondence and reports, while ensuring accuracy and compliance.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $63,002 - $72,949 per annum (plus 10.5% superannuation)
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 25 October 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Robert Maginnity, Director Corporate and Community Services on 4993 4175
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.