Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Are you an experienced Finance Officer looking for your next career opportunity? We are currently seeking a highly driven and experienced finance professional to provide advice and support in relation to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and rating functions.
Working within the Financial Services Unit, the Finance Officer will provide advice and support within the Financial Services Unit of Council in order to assist in the delivery of the key objectives of Council’s Strategic Plan relating to Council’s financial activities.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide effective customer service in a timely, courteous and professional manner including telephone and counter enquiries and answering correspondence;
- Perform all functions in relation to accounts payable including, but not limited to, preparation and processing creditors invoices, review and follow-up of creditor statements, matching to goods receipt documents and ensuring that all invoices are appropriately authorised in accordance with approved Council delegations and policies; and
- Ensure payments are completed in accordance with Council’s adopted policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III in accounting, financial management, business management or other related discipline or demonstrated sound experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated experience in an accounting environment with experience in accounts payable and/or accounts receivable;
- Demonstrated organisational skills, with the proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and complete work within agreed timeframes and team goals; and
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to providing superior customer service.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $50,927 - $58,968 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 2 May 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kelly McGowan on 4993 4224 or email@example.com
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.