Building Certification Assistant
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced paraprofessional who will provide high level administrative support and client liaison between Council and its building certification clients.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide statutory services including the desktop assessment of minor development applications, construction certificates, complying development certificates and other related applications in accordance with legislative requirements and Council’s adopted policies;
- Act as the first point of contact for Council’s building certification clientele, providing high level customer service, technical advice and support during the pre-lodgement, application, inspection and occupation certificate stages of development;
- Actively participate in the promotion and marketing of Council’s building certification services in accordance with adopted strategies; and
- Assist the professional officers in undertaking legal action, developing and implementing improvements to Council’s workflows, reviewing and developing building processes, procedures, templates and policies
There is also opportunity for the individual to undertake tertiary education in accordance with Council’s Study Policy eligible for A3 accreditation with the NSW Building Professionals Board.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- TAFE certificate (minimum Level IV) in business administration, building, planning or studying towards a qualification recognised by the Building Professionals Board for A4 accreditation or possess extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in a similar role;
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the use of Microsoft suite and smart technology applications relevant to the position including as data management systems and computer based Geographic Information Systems;
- Demonstrated high level analytical, research and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to negotiate and liaise with key stakeholders; and
- Demonstrated well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills with an open engagement style.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $58,717 - $67,988 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 27 June 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provided detailed answers to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Grant Hamilton, Building Services Team Leader on 4993 4125
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.