Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Development Engineer to join Council’s recently created development engineering team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and dynamic engineer who will contribute to providing professional advice relating to development and subdivision matters, in order to ensure that development is compliant with relevant legislative requirements.
This role will also be required to:
- Assess Development Applications, Section 4.55 and Section 8.2 Applications; and assess and determine Civil Construction Certificates, Subdivision Certificates and S.138 Road Act Applications in accordance with statutory requirements and Council’s codes and policies;
- Carry out inspections relating to civil works undertaken by developers;
- Represent Council in meetings with relevant stakeholders in relation to development matters, including attendance at Pre-DA meetings; and
- Provide expert development engineering advice to internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in civil engineering, or other relevant tertiary qualifications, with the eligibility for acceptance to Engineers Australia;
- Demonstrated previous experience in subdivision and development assessment, and the proven ability to interpret related complex and technical controls, legislation and policies;
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of development engineering principles; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993, and associated Regulations.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $67,676 to $78,361 per annum, plus market rate and 3.5% Civil Liabilities Allowance
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hour per week position
- Leaseback vehicle
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 18 July 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Janine Maher, Development Services Manager on 4993 4254
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.