Economic Development and Tourism Manager
Cessnock NSW 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Council is seeking a passionate and experienced professional to lead the Economic Development and Tourism team in promoting and facilitating community development and assisting the business community in their efforts to achieve economic development and financial growth within the Cessnock LGA community. This role will also work to enhance the appeal of the area and to maximise grant opportunities.
Working within the Corporate and Community Services unit, the Economic Development and Tourism Manager position will;
- Develop and implement Economic Development and Tourism strategic plans;
- Promote and facilitate community development and assist the business community in their efforts to achieve economic and financial growth within the Cessnock LGA community and to enhance the appeal of the area and to maximise grant opportunities;
- Work closely with the General Manager and, where agreed by the General Manager, the Mayor, in advancing the Cessnock LGA and the Hunter Region relating to Economic Development and Tourism; and
- Work closely with the Planning and Environment team to promote new industry, business and residential development in line with land use planning opportunities and in line with Council’s strategic plans.
To succeed in this role, you will have;
- Degree qualification in economics, tourism, business or other relevant discipline;
- Extensive experience in a similar role, with sound understanding and experience of economic development and tourism in a local and/or regional context;
- Ability to successfully lead, motivate, develop and support a multi-disciplinary team to deliver outcomes and provide quality service within budgets and statutory provisions;
- Experience in the development of strategic and operational plans, and the proven ability to deliver results, in a complex socio-political environment; and
- Sound knowledge of small business and commercial principles and experience in the development and expansion of business opportunities.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $120,297 - $138,341 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hour per week position
- Leaseback vehicle
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 28 November 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.