Plant Operator - Skid Steer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
About the opportunity
Undertake plant operator duties as part of a multi-skilled team, associated with maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and/or parks. Primary item of plant operated being Skid-Steer Loader and Truck. General labouring duties are also associated with the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake the safe operation of the Skid Steer for the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and/or parks, ensuring that it is operated in accordance with relevant regulation and Council policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Operate and maintain small plant and equipment e.g. chainsaws, plate compactor’s, hand mowers, hand tools, brush cutters, small fuel driven roller, concrete vibrators; and
- Complete the daily pre-start checklist and ensure that all relevant paperwork, including pre-start, fault repot and incident reports are completely accurately and in a timely manner and in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
- Current class MR licence (minimum);
- Demonstrated competence and experience in the operation of skid steer;
- Demonstrated competence and experience in the operation of other heavy plant; and
- Thorough understanding of road and drainage construction and maintenance requirements.
$52,221 – $60,466 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- 38 hour per week position
- 19 day month/RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Applications Close: Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 11.30pm
Who to Contact:
Kevin Massey, Construction Coordinator on 4993 4305
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. Your candidate suitability is determined by your responses to the selection criteria, for more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council may also complete a range of other pre-employment checks, such as references, employment history checks, working with children checks or a criminal record check.
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.