Sustainability Officer x2 (Temporary)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
About the opportunity
Two fixed-term 12 to 18 month temporary opportunities are now available for experienced and highly skilled Sustainability Officers.
Working within the Environment and Waste Team you will be responsible for preparing and administering Council and community environmental programs as well as providing environment sustainability education services to Council, residents, industry and visitors within the Cessnock Local Government Area.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical advice to advance the principles of a sustainable environment with the local context to lessen Council’s impact in the global context;
- Participate and provide input into long term strategy’s, administration, budgeting, contract management, communication and reporting for Environment & Waste;
- Investigate, develop and analyse options, policy and procedures, recommend solutions, provide cost estimates and prioritise works to mitigate environmental liability within the changing legislative environment; Engage with state and regional organisations, other councils and department/sections within council to develop and undertake local and regional environmental sustainability research and initiatives; and
- Prepare and manage grant applications, acquittals of grant monies and project reports.
- Degree qualifications in environmental science, environmental health, waste management or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in sustainability and environmental management, in particular with Waste Management, including experience with monitoring programs and interpretation of data;
- Demonstrated experience identifying, developing and facilitating strategic business partnerships across a range of community, business and government sectors; and
- Highly developed organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritise own workload and exercise initiative and innovative.
$69,368 - $80,320 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- 12 to 18 month temporary positions (opportunity for extension if funding is secured)
- 35 hours per week position
- 19 day month/RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Applications Close: Thursday 20 February 2020 at 11.30pm
Who to Contact:
Michelle Lindsay, Acting Environment & Waste Services Manager on 4993 4203
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please refresh your browser prior to commencing your application. Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. Your candidate suitability is determined by your responses to the selection criteria, for more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council may also complete a range of other pre-employment checks, such as references, employment history checks, working with children checks or a criminal record check.
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.