Business Support Officer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
An opportunity is now available for a highly motivated and experienced Business Support Officer to provide efficient and effective administrative support in a professional and responsive manner to the Economic Development team at Cessnock City Council. This position is on a 12 month temporary contract, part-time 15 hours per week.
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 280 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Working within the Economic Development Unit, this role will be required to:
- provide high quality, professional, confidential and accurate administrative support to the Economic Development team, including Hunter Valley Visitor Centre;
- assist with research and preparation of Economic Development Unit communications, publications and correspondence;
- provide high level customer service on behalf of Council with both internal and external customers; and
- general administrative duties including; photocopying, printing, filing, data entry and mail.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- minimum certificate IV in Research, Communications or Business Administration or other relevant discipline or extensive experience in a similar role;
- minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- highly developed organisational time management skills with experience in meeting deadlines, attention to detail and dealing with conflicting and varied demands; and
- demonstrated research and analytical skills coupled with a strong ability to problem solve, negotiate and liaise with key stakeholders.
$49,694 - $57,524 per annum pro-rata (plus 9.5% superannuation). This position is 15 hours per week on a 12 month temporary contract.
Close Date: Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Jane Holdsworth on 4993 4257
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.