Finance and Administration Manager
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 280 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We are currently undergoing an exciting cultural transformation as we modernise our organisation to develop a high performing and sustainable Council. We are seeking applications, from highly motivated, energetic and outcome focused individuals who want to make a difference and help shape our future.
The Finance and Administration Manager contributes to the overall success of Council by effectively managing Councils finance, integrated planning and procurement functions, ensuring appropriate corporate governance is maintained and developed to meet legislated requirements and meet community expectations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, with the proven ability to successfully lead, motivate, develop and support a multi-disciplinary team to deliver outcomes and provide quality service within budgets and statutory provisions.
This role will also be required to:
- Improve the effectiveness of organisational governance by developing, establishing and continuously improving organisation-wide, aligned and integrated frameworks;
- Ensure Council meets all statutory requirements with regard to financial management, rating and reporting, corporate governance and IP&R requirements; and
- Manage the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework to research, prepare and deliver the documentation requirements including the Community Strategic Plan, Delivery Program, Operational Plan and the Resourcing Strategy (comprising the Asset Management Strategy, Long-Term Financial Strategy and Workforce Plan).
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at a degree minimum in Financial Management or Business Management or other relevant discipline that reflects the key accountabilities of the position;
- Extensive experience in a similar role, with the proven ability to successfully lead, motivate, develop and support a multi-disciplinary team to deliver outcomes and provide quality service within budgets and statutory provisions; and
- Demonstrated strong financial knowledge including corporate budget strategy, financial systems design and operation, treasury (loans, investments and cash flow management), and development and management of internal controls.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $152,800 - $175,700 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- Leaseback vehicle scheme
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Robert Maginnity, Director Corporate and Community Services on 4993 4175
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.