Team Leader Parks Maintenance
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We are currently seeking a Team Leader Parks Maintenance within the Open Spaces and Community Facilities Team. This key position provide sound leadership of a multi-skilled team, to deliver programmed parks maintenance and minor improvement works within predetermined time, quality and cost targets.
This role will also be required to:
- Coordinate and complete programmed works;
- Lead and manage a maintenance team;
- Complete relevant administration task including but not limited to daily diary notes, timesheets, running sheets, site risk assessments, pre-start checks, playground check lists, incident reports, purchase orders, basic computer tasks in line with Councils procedure; and
- Maintain the health and safety of the general public and Council staff during the execution of works by ensuring safe work practices are adopted and adhered to in accordance with Council’s WHS policy and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated strong experience in parks maintenance and a thorough knowledge of landscaping techniques and procedures used for the construction and maintenance of parks, playgrounds and sporting fields;
- Demonstrated effective team leadership skills and the proven ability to develop and maintain a team environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation and mutual respect;
- Certificate III in Horticulture, Green Keeping or other relevant equivalent qualifications, or relevant equivalent experience; and
- Current MR licence and Work Safely in the Construction Industry Certificate.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $58,717 - $67,988 per annum (plus 10.5% superannuation)
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Wednesday 14 November 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Steven Hogan, Parks and Reserves Coordinator on 4993 4306
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.