Environmental Health Officer (Temporary up to 12 months)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We are seeking a dynamic professional with demonstrated skills and knowledge in environmental health who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will be an effective communicator with tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health and have well-developed skills in customer service, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
Joining the Health and Building team as an Environmental Health Officer you will experience a diverse role working across all aspects environmental health functions including:
- Proactive and responsive monitoring and education of food premises, skin penetration premises, on-site wastewater management systems and public aquatic facilities;
- Consider and determine applications for approval under section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993 relating to the installation, construction or alteration of a waste treatment devices and operating a system of sewage management;
- Investigate, manage and resolve public health, environmental and stormwater complaints;
- Provide high quality technical advice to Town Planning and Building services through the timely completion of development application referrals; and
- Liaise with, and provide assistance and advice to a variety of stakeholders including Council staff, consultants, residents, State Government Departments and agencies.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $67,676 - $78,361 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- Temporary contract until 30 January 2020
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 14 February 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Brendan Mayman, Environmental Health Team Leader on 4993 5323
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.