Cessnock, NSW, 2325
About the opportunity
A temporary opportunity is now available for a qualified and highly experienced Design Engineer to undertake investigation, design and delivery of civil infrastructure projects including pre-construction and construction services. This position will provide a computer aided design and drafting service for refurbishment and construction of civil infrastructure together with technical support to the Principal Engineer, Design & Project Management.
This is a temporary full-time opportunity available for a period of 12 months with possibility of extension.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Provide project design services in accordance within quality assurance requirements;
- Manage project services such as: preparing project design briefs, assessment of proposals and associated documentation, engagement consultants, assessing consultant submissions and preparing all necessary statutory approvals/permits/form;
- Make application for any project related grants and/or prepare progress reports as required in accordance with the grant conditions; and
- Ensure that clients and key stakeholders are kept informed in accordance with Council’s communications strategy requirements prior to and throughout the investigation and design phase.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in civil engineering/surveying/project management with particular expertise in road and drainage design in both urban and rural environments;
- Demonstrated sound experience (minimum of 5 years) in infrastructure design related fields, including demonstrated skills in using 12D Model computer aided design and AutoCAD drafting software;
- Proficient project management skills on infrastructure projects in a quality assured environment; and
- Detailed working knowledge of road and drainage technical specifications, project cost estimating and contract documentation.
$75,676 - $98,327 per annum (inclusive of market premium) plus 9.5% superannuation and 3.5% Civil Liabilities Allowance
- Temporary Contract - 12 months with possibility of extension
- Full-time 35 hours per week
- 19 day month/RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Applications Close: Thursday 22 April 2021 at 11.30pm
Who to Contact:
Renae Leayr, Principal Engineer - Design and Project Management on 02 4993 4171
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please refresh your browser prior to commencing your application. Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. Your candidate suitability is determined by your responses to the selection criteria, for more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit our How to apply page.
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council may also complete a range of other pre-employment checks, such as references, employment history checks, working with children checks or a criminal record check.
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.