Business Partner Planning & Services Accountant
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking applications from highly motivated, energetic and outcome focused individuals for the position of Business Partner Planning & Services Accountant.
This position will provide high-level financial advice and financial governance, building strong partnering relationships with key stakeholders, to provide maintenance of Councils services model and track Council’s allocation of resources to each service.
This role will:
- Assist with alignment between operational plans (objectives) and budgets;
- Partner with the Director and Business Unit Managers on all financial matters. This will include ensuring accounting standards and policies are applied, reporting and analysis, and provide advice on key business decisions, priority setting, business case formulation, operational plans, budgets and forecasts;
- Enhance and maintain Council’s service framework and provide analysis on the economics of providing each service;
- Undertake key activities as part of IP&R planning and reporting processes. This will include ...
- Ensure Fees and Charges are revised in accordance with the Revenue Policy and consistent with Council’s Financial Sustainability objectives of areas of responsibility;
- Support the Management Accountant and other Business Partners in the preparation of;
- the Annual Budget,
- the Annual Financial Statements,
- Quarterly Financial Reviews,
- Reports for Audit and Risk Committee and Council
- Degree qualifications in accounting, financial management or business management;
- Demonstrated solid experience (minimum of 5 years) in a similar position with demonstrated experience in the preparation of financial reports and audit liaison in a large multi-disciplined organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and/or developing financial and related systems; and
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills including extraction, collation and analysis of information from reports and presentation in a concise and meaningful manner.
$75,676 - $87,027 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month/RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Applications Close: Thursday 13 May 2021 at 11.30pm
Who to Contact:
Kim Futcher, Management Accountant on 4993 4137
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please refresh your browser prior to commencing your application. Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. Your candidate suitability is determined by your responses to the selection criteria, for more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit our How to apply page.
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council may also complete a range of other pre-employment checks, such as references, employment history checks, working with children checks or a criminal record check.
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.